Sunday 17 May 2009

Pinkberryblue

This is another post brought to you by the colour pink!

I have almost finished my coral~coloured Chevron Lace Cardigan.
I've sewn in all the ends but I haven't blocked it yet.
I haven't come up with a way of closing it (that I like) either.
Here it is left open:




and here it is closed with an organza ribbon:






I'm thinking about making a floral pin to finish it,
something like the one from Interweave's Spiderweb Cardigan.
I'd love to hear your opinion.


...and now for some more rosiness,
in the form of close~ups of jewellery that you can see me wearing with the cardie.
One of the button necklaces:







(the other button necklace can be found here)
and my sequin and seed bead cuff:



I bought the necklace from a gorgeous, eco~friendly stall called Starfish Designs. You can, sometimes, find them at Kalamunda Markets. The necklace is made entirely from recycled buttons. The cuff is a Christmas present from my dear friend Felicity.

Tomorrow is forecast to be one of the last fine and sunny days of the season
...so I'm planning on wearing my cardigan out!
Today was a beautiful, light~filled day,
perfect weather for being in my garden.
Here, in a final burst of pinkness,
is a picture of some of the apple blossom hibiscus that I found blooming there:




Have a wonderful, joy~filled week everybody.



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cardigan is completely fabulous! I like it open but a crocheted flower sounds like a great idea too. Right, I'm off to bump this up my ravelry queue..... :)

Indigo Blue said...

Lovely cardigan, the colour and the style. Very cleverly made. Sorry to hear about the weather changing. We are going through a very soggy rainy stage at the moment. Nothing new there then?

2paw said...

That's such a clever title. I love your cardi, I actually prefer it unfastened. We are having an Indian Summer too, just a top and summer skirt today, though there was ice on all the grass at the dam earlier when we walked.
Very cute cuff and necklace!!

Anonymous said...

The cardigan is beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing the pin you make for it. Love that necklace and the cuff is stunning!
Good to see you back x

Grace Garton said...

I had a look at the Spiderweb Cardigan, how dull it looks compared to your Chevron lace! But I liked the crochet flower. Might just check that pattern out to in Ravelry!!
Now I know where all the buttons go....They do look very nice made up as a necklace. Love the seed bead cuffs, looks very warm and sunny...so unlike the weather here at the moment!!

Rachel said...

The sequin and bead cuff is gorgeous!

magnusmog said...

Wonderful pinkness - great combination of crafts and photography:)

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

All so pretty -- esp. your cardigan, and that cuff. Thanks for all the eye candy!

Brandi Reynolds said...

oh my gosh-that cuff is beautiful! and goes perfectly with that gorgeous cardigan you made. :-)

I love that tone of pink-so vibrant.

Unknown said...

Wow, the cardigan is wonderful but I really love the jewelry, it's so unique! Also, your photography is so amazing.

Samsara said...

I love the cardi! The colour is amazing! I'm also highly jealous of your button necklace and sequinned cuff, so I'll be checking through my stash for pretty buttons in a minute! :-)

Hissy Stitch said...

I'm amazed at the photography. I'll definitely be coming back to this blog!

VictoriaG said...

I love the color of the cardigan! Lovely! I'd love a button necklace like that too...too pretty!

Sarah said...

That cardigan is so beautiful! Great work on it! The ribbon is such a nice touch as well. *^_^*