Sunday 31 August 2008

Brilliante Spring


As I mentioned in my last post, Andrea at Indigo Blue Designs presented me with this award. Thank you so much Andrea, I'm very happy to receive it!

Here are the rules:
1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.
2. Link to the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs for an award.
4. Put links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs for the people you've nominated.

I've chosen seven bloggers who have blogs I really love to visit but who I haven't given an award to before:
MagnusMog,
Old Red Barn Co.,
be present be here,
Moonstitches,
Resurrection Fern,
Cornflower Blue Studio and
Dancing Mermaid.

All of these bloggers take gorgeous photographs. They write and craft with sensitivity and beauty. (Also, I am really inspired by MagnusMog, Ressurection Fern and Old Red Barn Co.'s commitment to sustainability.) If you haven't visited their sites before you are in for a treat. Enjoy!

Springtime's come to my corner of the Earth.
When I go out walking I sometimes catch the scent of jasmine and freesias, which I adore.
The fruit trees are in bloom as well.
This almond tree, which grows in the laneway behind my home, is covered in flowers:


I love the delicacy of the blossoms and the softness of the colours.


The weather's warming too.
I found this tiny lizard sunbathing by my backdoor last weekend:






As you can see, it was very relaxed, and let me come up surprisingly close to take this shot.

Craftwise, I've been trying to finish off the scarves I've been making ~ in another few weeks it will be too warm to wear them. I've also been playing around with wire. I'm in the process of crocheting a beaded cuff and I am having fun!
Here's where I got to last night:



I'm using purple plastic coated 24 gauge wire, an assortment of glass beads and a 3.50 mm steel hook.
...and, for those of you who might want to have a go yourself, here's a good tutorial.
I'm hoping that I can finish it off tonight ~ I need to do some more crocheting, and I also need to "block" it and to attach fastenings. I'm looking forward to putting it on ~ it will be interesting to see how it works as a piece of jewellery when it's worn.

Have a wonderful week, everybody.



4 comments:

Dana said...

If anyone is Brilliant it is you! Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. You've made my day for sure.

magnusmog said...

thank you for the award!
I'll have to try and work out how to import the logo......

it will give me a nice job for next week, thinking about others to nominate:)

Rachel said...

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy my blog because I definitely enjoy yours! : )

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

That is the most limp lizard I've ever seen! The very definition of relaxation. Love the wire-and-bead crochet -- I've had thoughts of trying it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Your choice of colors is lovely.