Wednesday 3 October 2007

A Change Of Plan

I've decided that the little daisy square that I felted is too big to be a pincushion so I'm going to use it as a pocket on a felt pouch instead. Here's the square and the pouch, which I've almost finished crocheting:

I've adapted this pattern to make the pouch.

As I wrote in my last entry, I'm making this as a birthday present for my mother. Of course, by writing about it, I was tempting fate and my mum, who never looks at this blog, visited the night after I posted about what I was making for her. So it won't be a surprise. Sheesh.
She likes it though, thinks it's funny that she busted me and we've talked on the 'phone about how I can modify it so she can sling it over the chair she sits in to do needlework and use it to keep equipment at hand.
I'm looking forward to giving it to her.

No comments: