Saturday 29 September 2007

A Felted Pincushion

I'm in the middle of making a pincushion for my mum's birthday. I only have a few days to construct it so I'm using the Easy Daisy Granny pattern, rather than attempting the very sweet but unfamiliar Japanese pincushion pattern that I blogged about two posts ago. My idea is to make a little pillow shaped pincushion ~ inspiration came from nikkishell.
So far I've crocheted a single square and felted it to make it sturdier.

Here's the daisy square before felting:




...and here it is after felting:



I'm going to make a pillow out of light olive green wool that I'll crochet and felt. I'll blanket stitch the daisy square onto the pillow and then I will probably crochet an edging to finish it off.

I'm pleased with it so far...and I know my mother will love it (regardless of what it looks like!)

*Edited to add a link to the pattern for the Easy Daisy Granny Square.

4 comments:

Brandy said...

Oh dear! That is going to be very cool pincushion! The daisy really looks great felted. Seriously, I LOVE it.

Ronnie Anderson said...

I love how the daisy square came out felted. It looks great, she will love it!

inkberryblue said...

Thanks brandy and ronnie.
=]

Anonymous said...

Very pretty :)